What better way to stretch some already economical ground beef than meatloaf? This adaptation of a Rachel Ray recipe is a big hit for those that love cheese along with their burger! Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for greasing
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 1/3-inch cubes
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet. In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring until slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the ketchup, bread crumbs, eggs and pickles; mix in the onion. Crumble in the beef, add the cheese and mix together. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and shape into a 4-by-12-inch loaf. Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 160°, about 35 minutes.
- Let the meatloaf rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Remember… LEFTOVERS are 1/2 the bargain! I always make EXTRA for sandwiches the next day!
Want even MORE MEATLOAF recipes?
- italian-style meatloaf – i’ll be the first to admit that i don’t like meatloaf and haven’t fixed it in years. we’re just not a meatloaf family, so when i announced one day last week that we would be having meatloaf for dinner i got a very strange look from …
- heart smart pilgrim meatloaf-meatloaf monday – it is meatloaf monday again. i won’t torture liz with another turkey loaf right away…so how about this lovely, truly yummy meatloaf that includes some of the season’s best foods. substitute the word ketchup with sauce if your mental …
- christmas meatloaf – apparently in norway, christmas is celebrated on christmas eve…with meatloaf: norway: the christmas meal is eaten on christmas eve and for coastal regions is traditionally cod, haddock and lutefisk. inland pork chops, christmas meatloaf …
- Don’t let your meatloaf…loaf : What geeks eat… – Don’t let your meatloaf…loaf. Meatloaf. I only make meatloaf once or twice a year but I always use Alton Brown’s recipe. It turns out a moist, delicious meatloaf with a great texture. The leftovers make excellent sandwiches. …
- Meatloaf Miniatures – Tasty Kitchen – 0 votes, average: 0.00 out of 5 0.00 Mitt(s) | 0 Rating(s). My husband hated meatloaf growing up, but swears this meatloaf recipe is the best! They are conveniently made into individual loafs and freeze very well. …
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.