So yummy that my daughter-in-law got my recipe to make them for her husband, my son! She was nice enough to make it for us for our Mother’s Day brunch and it was loved by all!
You will find that this is very easy to make but garners BIG compliments! I have never served it that people didn’t rave! Whether made with or without the nuts it is a winner.
Now YOU can make them too with our cookbook club recipe!
Orange Filled Coffee Cake
· Cook Time: 35 min
· Level: Easy
· Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 (12-ounce) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (10 count)
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- 1 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the granulated sugar, pecans, and zest; set aside.
- Separate the biscuits. Place about 3/4 teaspoon cream cheese in the center of each biscuit.
- Fold each biscuit in half over the cheese, pressing the edges to seal.
- Dip the biscuits in melted butter, then dredge in the granulated sugar mixture.
- Place the biscuits, curved-side down, in a single layer in the hollows of a lightly greased 12-cup bundt pan, spacing them evenly (do not stack).
- Place any remaining biscuits around the tube, filling any gaps.
- Drizzle any remaining butter over the biscuits, and sprinkle with any remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until golden brown. Immediately invert the cake onto a serving platter.
- Combine the confectioners’ sugar and orange juice, stirring well; drizzle the glaze over the warm cake.
Want even MORE coffee cake recipes?
- chunky chocolate-apple coffee cake – chunky chocolate-apple coffee cake. i admit i’ve scooped several cartons of cookies ‘n’ cream ice cream, taking the oreo chunks and leaving behind the vanilla ice cream. i’ve seen other people maim crumb cake, slowly picking at the top …
- the joy of vegan baking – colleen patrick-goudreau of compassionate cooks and the vegetarian food for thought podcast has written a virtual bildungsroman of vegan baking – the vegan joy of baking! i tried a few things last weekend and the coffee cake knocked my …
- cinnamon rolls with cream cheese glaze – on christmas morning we wake up with the kids and look into the stockings and open presents. the kids are so excited we really can’t do much else before that! but after all that excitement is done, i usually go into the kitchen and bake …
- Norma’s Swedish Coffee Cake, from Lynne Christy Anderson – In Breaking Bread, Lynne Christy Anderson visits the kitchens of people who have come to the US from other countries, and explores how special dishes, shared meals, and culinary traditions connect people through generations and across …
- butter crunch coffee cake recipe | coffeecake recipes | coffeecake … – Butter Crunch Coffee Cake1/2 cup butter 1 cup granulated sugar 2 eggs 1 cup sifted enriched flour 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/3 cup milk.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.